Buying your home
We have retirement properties for sale on many of our retirement and extra care courts.
All of our properties are leasehold. Leases are initially offered for a period of 99 or 125 years.
The lease outlines your relationship with us as your landlord, and includes information on:
- service charges payable towards management and maintenance of the building
- your responsibility for repairs to your home
- terms and conditions for selling your property
We have various purchase options on our developments, which may have properties for:
· Shared ownership purchase
· Shared Equity purchase
· 100% purchase - outright ownership
Where we have shared ownership purchase options on our new developments, we offer sales between 25% and 75% of the full market value of each property. We charge rent on the unpurchased percentage - however in some cases when a 75% purchase option is chosen you will not have to pay rent on the final 25%.
We don't offer Shared Equity purchases on new developments, but some older developments offer Shared Equity resales.
Shared Equity allows you to purchase 70% of the full market value of the property - the remaining 30% remains in our ownership.
With outright ownership you buy 100% of the full market value of the property.
For more information about buying a Housing & Care 21 property please phone 0345 608 4021 or email the Sales Team.