Search for a job
Senior Home Care Assistant
- Salary: £8.50 per hour
- Reference: EC/SHCA/FF/96
- Location: Upton, Northampton
- Hours: 20
- Closing date: 20/08/2017
- Interview date: tbc
Do you love going the extra mile for people to make them feel valued and respected?
What the role involves:
• Monitor the rota and arrange cover when appropriate, ensuring that all care users receive cover and the times and days are strictly adhered to.
• Provide personal care of an intimate nature as defined in the individual’s personal Care Plan, always being sensitive to the care user’s needs and feelings.
• Report any problems to the Care Team Leader, i.e. care user requires duties not specified in the Care Plan, unable to carry out tasks in time allocated etc.
• Carry out domestic duties as defined in the individuals Care Plan under the directions of the care user.
What we offer:
- Hourly rate of £8.50
- Free training
- Uniform provided
- Pension scheme
- Paid annual leave
- Employee support helpline
- Career progression
- £250 Refer a Friend Scheme
- Paid Training and Shadowing with experienced Care Workers
- Ongoing Specialist Care Training
- Dedicated support from your Line Manager
- Life Cover
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme – Childcare vouchers
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme – Cycle to work
- Eye test vouchers
What you need:
• Care and supervisory experience essential
• Good written and verbal English communication skills
• Enthusiasm and willingness to learn is a must
• Commitment to undertake necessary further training
• A friendly and caring approach
• A genuine desire to help people
• Reliability and flexibility
• The ability to use your initiative
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
Is this person you? Then we are excited to hear from you!
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS ARE SUBJECT TO A FULL ENHANCED DBS CHECK - COST WILL BE MET BY THE APPLICANT AND WILL BE REIMBURSED AFTER 6 MONTHS OF CONTINOUS EMPLOYMENT.
An offer of employment will be subject to the satisfactory completion of an enhanced disclosure check, satisfactory references, and induction training.
How to apply:
Please complete an application form found on the Housing & Care 21 website and return to RecruitmentFoxfields@housingandcare21.co.uk or call 03701924000 and ask to be transferred to Web Ellis Court and quote ‘Foxfields’ application (Foxfields is a new scheme soon to open) and speak to the manager or coordinator should you require further information regarding this vacancy.
Please note due to the high number of applications we receive only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 1 month, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your time and interest in Housing & Care 21 and we wish you every success in the future. Please feel free to apply for future positions with ourselves through our website at www.housingandcare21.co.uk/careers
Further information for this job:
Completed application forms should be emailed to
or posted to:
Foxfields, Upton Place, Kiltie Street, Upton, NN5 4GG.